This smoothie comes together in 5 minutes, using 1 blender, and requires just 6 ingredients.
And guess what? It tastes like pumpkin pie! You know, without all the crust and coconut whipped cream. But still…
The ingredients are SO simple you likely have them in your pantry right now. Pumpkin purée is blended with frozen, ripe banana, almond + coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice and spinach!
Two things are optional: A greens powder and protein powder (listed below).
I suggest two of my favorites for this smoothie. However, protein is optional! The addition just makes it more of a meal than a snack.
- 1 small frozen ripe banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/4 cup organic spinach (best if frozen*)
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup plain unsweetened almond milk (more to thin)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 tsp green powder* (optional)
- 2 Tbsp plain or vanilla protein powder* (optional)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If too thick, add more almond or coconut milk.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed. For more pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin pie spice. For more sweetness, add more banana, or a bit more vanilla protein powder - optional (or a bit of maple syrup, agave or stevia extract).
Serve immediately. Best when fresh, though will keep in the refrigerator well covered up to 2 days.
Minimalist Baker -- November 6, 2016